Asbestos Awareness & Demolition Safety Awareness
Download the booking form for this course
The course has been developed and designed so as to give instruction on the hazards and dangers involved with asbestos, and are intended for all persons working in areas where asbestos materials may be located.
The course is designed for candidates who have had no demolition training, and for those candidates who require refresher training. It is also for any operative/ manager involved in Demolition Procedures.
To enable Demolition operatives to be kept updated on changes to legislation and health and safety practices in line with CCDO Scheme and health and safety requirements. It will also enable operatives to meet the training requirements of current HSE legislation ACOP where regular training is required for those persons who are liable to disturb asbestos while carrying out their everyday work.
- The natural origin and physical qualities of asbestos
- History and Properties Asbestos
- Health and safety legislation
- Its uses and locations etc where it may be found
- Types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACM's
- Biological effects
- Risks to Health
- Asbestos related diseases, pleural plaques and scars, asbestosis, lung cancer, mesothelioma, risk of developing disease, latency periods, amount of exposure required to cause specific diseases. Increased risk of lung cancer from smoking
- Emergency Procedures
- Identification of asbestos products and reporting procedures
- General epidemiology and statistics
- Use of PPE, training and instruction requirements
- Health and safety legislation including PPE requirements
- Hand Arm Vibration
- Safe working practices in demolition
- Risk assessment and Method statement requirements
- Noise at work requirements
- Manual Handling
- Electricity and Fire On-Site procedures.
Upcoming Open Course Dates
There are no items listed